Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 5 months ago

How to properly clean car headlights DIY ?

I did watch plenty of videos that used toothpaste, baking soda and plenty of elbow grease. 

Rather than investing so much time and energy; is there any other sure way of getting shinny headlight ? 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Kaz
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favourite answer

My husband makes a paste of baking soda and water, but more liquid than an actual paste.  Rub it on, EITHER up and down OR left and right, NOT swirls or circles, then he rinses it off.  It's pretty simple to do - and doesn't require much effort or pressure.  

He said he got this method off the internet and was very satisfied with the end result. 

• 5 months ago

We can also wash car headlights with detergent and water to clean the car's headlights.

• 5 months ago

For years, I've gotten excellent results using Brasso Metal Polish. It's cheap and the sell it everywhere. The clarity lasts a few years. Yeah, it takes a little elbow grease, but not as much as a sink full of dirty dishes.

• 5 months ago

If you got a power drill then use the 3M headlight restoration kit. That's my go-to kit. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

The kit made by Mequires works great. Advance Auto caries it.

• 5 months ago

Buy a headlight restoration kit and follow the directions.

https://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/fix-cloudy-h...

• 5 months ago

Yeah, get a turtle wax headlight kit from Walmart or auto zone (or any auto parts store) and spend twenty minutes to wipe them down and they'll be like new. 

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The sure way is to buy new ones. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Buys a headlight restoration kit - about 25usd from Amazon or in your local auto store. Pretty easy just a little wet sanding with provided sand papers then wipe on a clearcoat 

Cerakote makes a good kit doesn't take long and lasts a very long time (they claim lifetime).

• Scott
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Replace the headlight lens. Any other method is going to take some elbow grease.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.