Is it bad to drink rum, wine, or anything with alcohol in the morning with your breakfast?

I see a lot of wealthy people that like to eat their breakfast with a side of something like rum or whine to drink with it. 

• John

It has been said that drinking alcohol for breakfast is an early sign of alcoholism. I'd tend to agree but I'm not a doctor by any means. A mimosa for Sunday brunch is one thing. "Getting an early start" begs the question of a start of what?

is it bad to leave your house drunk so early

You don't have to be wealthy.  Beer is the breakfast of champions.

What does being wealthy have to do with it ?

• CB

Absolutely healthy - haven't you seen all the positive articles in the medical journals about the health benefits of starting your drinking in the a.m.   

<roll eyes>

• kswck2

Always did like the sweetness of Rum on my breakfast cereal. 

• Where exactly do you live where you see a lot of wealthy people having booze with their breakfast? The only place I've consistently seen this is in Germany where beer drinking starts early (and for everyone, not just the wealthy).

Aside from that - it's no worse to have your rum with breakfast than it is with dinner. It's not a societal norm, but it won't hurt you any more.

Is it bad?  Not if you are trying to become an alcoholic.