Is it bad to drink rum, wine, or anything with alcohol in the morning with your breakfast?

Update:

I see a lot of wealthy people that like to eat their breakfast with a side of something like rum or whine to drink with it. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It has been said that drinking alcohol for breakfast is an early sign of alcoholism. I'd tend to agree but I'm not a doctor by any means. A mimosa for Sunday brunch is one thing. "Getting an early start" begs the question of a start of what?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

is it bad to leave your house drunk so early

• 1 month ago

You don't have to be wealthy.  Beer is the breakfast of champions.

• 1 month ago

What does being wealthy have to do with it ?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Absolutely healthy - haven't you seen all the positive articles in the medical journals about the health benefits of starting your drinking in the a.m.   

<roll eyes>

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Always did like the sweetness of Rum on my breakfast cereal. 

• Where exactly do you live where you see a lot of wealthy people having booze with their breakfast? The only place I've consistently seen this is in Germany where beer drinking starts early (and for everyone, not just the wealthy).

Aside from that - it's no worse to have your rum with breakfast than it is with dinner. It's not a societal norm, but it won't hurt you any more.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Is it bad?  Not if you are trying to become an alcoholic.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.