If I just recently got my probationary license and am moving to another state (california) will I have to get a new license?

I’m assuming I will need to get my license changed to a different state or get a new license in general. 

• Edna

If all you have is a restricted  "probationary license"(actually, a Learner's License), you'll have to start all over again in your new state and obtain a "probationary license" issued by that state. Probationary licenses don't transfer from one state to another. 

If you had a valid, fully-unrestricted driver's license (which you don't, if you have a probationary license), your would just have to go down to a DMV testing site, surrender your current license, and you would be issued a driver's license from your new state.

If you're 18 or older, you don't even need to have a probationary license. All you have to do is go down to a DMV testing site, make application for a license, and take and pass the tests. If you pass the tests, you'll be issued a full driver's license. 

You certainly will.  Once you move to another state, you have __ days to get a licence from that state before your old one expires.  I left the number blank because it varies by jurisdiction, and I didn't feel like looking up the rules for California.

I'm not sure what exact level your 'probationary' licence is, but do be sure to ask the California DMV if it can be transferred to CA.  They'll probably say no (especially if it's a graduated licence), but ask anyway.  Can't blame a person for asking, and answering questions is what they do for a living.

Yes.  If you move to California, then you must get a California license or stop driving.  California does not allow you to keep driving after you move there without a California license, even if you have a license from another state.

• Ron

California has a website. I suggest you review the requirements stated there

If you are moving there permanently, yes you need to get a new license. 

• Scott

Yes, once you have established residence in another state, you need to obtain a license in that state. Usually, you must do this within 14-30 days, depending on the state.

• Edna

If you're moving to a new state &  intend to establish permanent residency there, you have 30 days in which to surrender your old license & be issued a license from your new state. It couldn't be much easier than that. I don't know if probationary licenses transfer. Call your new state's DMV & ask..

yes, as soon as you move, you're supposed to get a new license