Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 5 months ago

Why are pop tarts still a breakfast food even if they're unhealthy with a ton of sugar?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Because there's nothing wrong with having a sweet treat breakfast every once in a while.

• 5 months ago

For the same reason cereals are. Because of marketing and sales. Do you think anyone would buy them if they were advertised as "really high in sugar and calories, almost no nutrition whatsoever and they will shorten your life eventually or give you some awful disease like diabetes?"  Kinda doubtful. And who are they marketed to: CHILDREN. Because they don't research their food choices. 

• 5 months ago

It's all in the marketing that people believe.

• 5 months ago

who says they are a breakfast food?? i am 67 and never EVER ate or offered them as breakfast food in my whole life. ditto a lot of people I know.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Because, damn it, they're delicious.  And you're wrong...they're not only for breakfast.  Pop Tarts are good any time...especially the Brown Sugar Cinnamon flavor.  Take it from Milton the Toaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L2nodU5pYY

Youtube thumbnail

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Ask any 6 year old why they like it. 

• Janet
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Because people BUY them to eat at breakfast.  It is up to the individual, not the government, to make wise food choices.  

And corporations will sell anything that makes money and is not illegal, even if it harms people ... look at cigarettes, vaping products, alcohol, sugar .... it's all about $$$$

• 5 months ago

Because they are convenient and they shut kids up. 

• Anton
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Why do you lie?  Pop Tarts are not unhealthy, and only contain 15 grams of sugar, less than two cups of hot black tea with sugar and milk.

Not to mention, who are a God that can tell others what they must do? 

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Because they taste good.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.