Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 4 weeks ago

Do many seniors still put their hair in a bun and pack their bag and head to bingo?

• 1 week ago

Never have and never will - I'm 75.  May one of my  Grandmothers did, but not one else,  I knew or know in the last 75 years

My mother, who was almost a hundred when she died just a few years ago, never ever wore a hat like those in the picture and never, ever went to play bingo. I have also never done either and don't intend doing so either.  Perish the thought.   Those 3 ladies look so HAPPY I think they must have won the jackpot.  Sarcasm intended.   If Bingo has this effect on them I think they need to play Tiddlywinks instead.

• Jeremy

Yes, but they tend not to wear hats like those in the picture and most don't wear hats at all. Most of them would smile rather than wear a frown like this trio.  I guess they all lost money that day.  You'd be more likely to find men wearing their hair in a bun these days.

• kswck2

How do you get a room of 50 seniors to curse all at once?  Let the other one Scream "Bingo"!

I don't know of any seniors who pack their back and head.  I'm surprised that you do.

• Bulldog redux

Some people just ain't got no sense of humor.

No, there are many age groups that goes to play Bingo. I don't play bingo and if I did I would put my hair up in a ponytail.

Pack a Bag? never seen anyone do that unless they plan to spend the night there.

The short answer to that is, NO!

No.  Most old ladies have short hair these days.  And I only have one friend who plays Bingo. 

The only people I've seen with buns in the past 5 years are waiters and bartenders........and they've got stubble just like Gram, too.

• Snid

Not right now.  Most seniors seem to have short hair now days.  And as for Bingo, it's kind of not a thing anymore.