Has multiculturalism proved to be a practical and workable model for life and happiness in western society?

Hard question so I don't expect to see any worthwhile responses or any responses at all.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Why oh why do you insist on Westernising a foreigner they don't appreciate or even like your country and it has been said many times at my workplace.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Multiculture can only exist if you willing to learn about others. You may not involve with them but you has to read them.

The Kingdom of God is within You 

by Graf Leo Tolstoy 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingdom_of_God_I... 

• 4 weeks ago

"East is East and West is West,and never the twain shall meet" Rudyard Kipling said that, he was right then, and it still right today.

• 4 weeks ago

The problem with multiculturalism is you expect those with vastly different cultures and way of life live side by side in harmony but the real world doesnt work like that I'm afraid.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If the asker presumes this is a 'hard question', suspecting anyone who answers it will not be 'sensible enough' to ease his supposedly intellectual mind, why on earth did he ask it.

'Multiculturalism' has been a great use for the western world, employment wise; let them stay in their ghettos, only being seen by us when they're doing the kind of jobs we will never do...indeed, we would rather take money from the govt. than become a 'key worker', which is what people of other origins do WITHOUT QUESTION.

• Paul R4 weeks agoReport

Its hard question. Amen.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Multiculturalism was working fine when there was one dominent culture.

For example here in England. While most people were not practising Christians we had people from different cultures, like from the West Indes who are also Christian, who brought their own culture but still, Pracisticed the same festivals like Christmas and lent e.t.c.  Like that of their host country.

The reason this type of multiculturalism works in Western society is because they have something in common, "Christianity." And Christianity has evolved and come along way since the, "Burning Times." It is due to the fact that the West has evolved why Christianity has evolved and why it is a workable model.

Islam...Has a long way to go and the one religion I can think if which is not compatible to Western Culture or way of living because it doesn't believe in Multi culturalism. 

• 4 weeks ago

Multiculturalism works just fine, depending on which cultures are in the mix.

I like how you brought up culture instead of ethnicity or skin colour, because they're very different things.  Just for random example, the black guys in Nassau Bahamas are nothing like the black guys in central Los Angeles, who are themselves nothing like the black guys in London Ontario.  Same thing can be said about white folks, cops, Asian folks or any other group you can think of.

When people of any colour go to a bank machine in Atlanta at night, and they look over their shoulder before entering the PIN code, who are they looking for?  Are they afraid of the police?  The mainstream media?  No, they're looking for someone else.  You and I both know who they're looking for, no need to say it.

• 99%Anonymous
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

Not with Muslims it does not they are so selfish wont learn English we have street names in London in Arabic script

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not anywhere. 

It just does not work, anyone who claims otherwise is deluded or lying.

And it is the western population, not the immigrants, who invariable suffer while the immigrants claim to be hard done by.

Of course the left blame the victims, not the drug gangs and high percentage of criminals from BAME communities, the neglected kids, county lines gangs, rampant child grooming of kids, must be those nasty white folks fault.

• David4 weeks agoReport

don't tell us you believe every single white person is really really wealthy, or maybe every single white person is never poor.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you had a brain, you would be dangerous.   

If you knew how it to use it, you would be lethal.   

If you actually used it, it would be Armageddon .

• ...Show all comments
    • Paul R4 weeks agoReport

Hi David, You are obsessed with thought of Christian doctrine. You will be bringing religion into Christmas next.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Homogeneous societies are happier and more stable then multicultural societies. The exceptions being societies that are fanatical and backward in their beliefs. 

• Paul R1 month agoReport

I agree that Faciasim is not generally happy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.