Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 1 month ago

Who uses flip phones nowadays?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Well I'm not old but I'm planning on switching back to flip phones. Some people still use them but it's becoming rare these days.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Sally
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Michelle Obama said he uses a

flip 

phone 

• ron h
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

this P.O.S is all over YA with her sickness.

• 4 weeks ago

Funny enough, flip phones seem to be coming back this year.  A couple of months ago I saw an ad for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip which is a smart flip phone.  Sure is as expensive at $1,400 - far more expensive than when the first flip phones were introduced. 

• ron h
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I've still got one. And a smart phone.  The flip s/r texts and the battery is good for about 10 days.  I'm afraid it's gonna get turned off in the next year of so--I think turn of 3-g when they get 5-g up nationwide.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I think a lot of older people may use them and some people get them for their jobs.

• 4 weeks ago

A professor at my university still has one. Not sure of the brand or model though.

• W
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I use my old Ericsson flip phone when my nephews visit. Still works and looks slick. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I did until 2010. 

And honestly, I still occasionally felt like I will if I wanted to live off the grid one day but still have a way to contact 911 if I needed to for medical assistance or if I felt my life was in danger due to burglary.

But otherwise I could see that someone would still use it nowadays if they don’t felt the need to get into the tech crowd and just needed a basic device to contact someone when they’re out. 

• 1 month ago

Old people who can't use new phones. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I do!  I keep one in my car for emergency calls only. They're faster to charge and to boot up than smartphones and the battery lasts longer on minimal power. And you don't have to worry about interruptions and popups. 

• ron h
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

That's good thinking.  They'll make 911 calls even if you turn off your cell service.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.