Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Week late period?

I’m 17 and have had periods since I was 14, my cycle is usually around 32 days long but this month I’m a week late and I’m really worried about it, I’m scared it’s just not going to come. 

(Impossible to be pregnant and also not on any type of birth control). I just want some reassuring any help will be appreciated thankyou :)

Stress can delay your period so the more you stress over it now the more you could be delaying it. When you’re in your teens it’s common for periods to be irregular. If you haven’t had it by the next time you’re due to have it maybe go and get it checked out 

Anything that can throw off your hormones can make your period come late, early, make it heavier or lighter. 

Stress is a primary factor and it doesn't even have to be major stress, something as simple as changes in routines can do it. Anything from emotional to environmental, if you have things worrying you.  

Extreme changes in body weight can also trigger your hormones to be out of balance, sudden changes in the diet not so much but can still affect hormone levels, also if you have been sick recently. 

There are also medical causes but I would wait at least another week and if your still concerned then proceed to a dr, some are quite minor but it's better to be safe.

Source(s): Life experience

Skipping a period is common and NOTHING to be scared about. Nothing to worry about for now.