CuriousPerson asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What’s wrong with my dogs skin? Photos included. Please help?

Was told it might be a parasite. I’m trying to avoid paying a vet bill but of course if need be I’ll do it. Is there a home remedy maybe? Anybody’s golden retriever have this before? She’s 1 1/2 Years old and been very healthy up until this point

I shaved the area around it in hopes to clean it and put antibacteria medicine on it

I think discussing in the forum is not the right place. you must consult a veterinarian

That poor dog needs a vet ASAP. Please take her to one straight away. You won't find a proper, qualified person on here to give you a treatment plan. Take her to the VET.

• Edwena

If that is on her neck, it is from scratching.  And the reason she is scratching is an allergy.   So consider things she could be exposed to and prevent the exposure.  And hope it is not a food allergy.  Food allergy could be like an allergy to meat or grains or dogfood.  A food allergy is usually too difficult to identify and resolve.  Make a record of exactly what you feed her, which will cause problems with your family because somebody will slip her a treat that you don't know about.  Like she will suddenly break out on her belly, and your spouse will admit she gave the dog a nice piece of hamburger two days earlier. And it will take 2 weeks to recover so you can continue to try to find some special dog food that the dog can/will eat.  It will get to be a hopeless problem, and the dog will be suffer miserably.  A food allergy is tormenting the dog.

Since there are no Vets on this site, you probably won't get an answer that fixes this rash.  There are hundreds of skin problems with dogs & it would take a Vet to diagnose it.  All we can do is take wild guesses.

It also could be an allergy, maybe the food you feed her.  If her food ingredients starts out with corn, changing what you feed he Vet to diagnose it.

I doubt a vet would even attempt an online diagnosis from a pic of the quality presented here.

Yahoo can only upload and present low pixel images :

Best would be to take the dog to see a vet .

There you will get an informed, hands on, diagnosis. And a treatment plan will be offered. From a qualified person.... Unlike here.

Source(s): Just an ole shepherd his dogs and flock

Looks like a "hot spot" (aka acute moist dermattitis).  Usually it is recommended you get veterinary treatment, esp since there can be underlying ROOT causes.  More common in hot humid weather.  

My holistic vet told me, it is much more common to see dogs who are fed a GRAIN based diet get them.  My advice is to get off such a food, if your dog is on such, at least for the summer.  Move to a fish based sweet-potato dog food.  Goldens are more prone to congestive heart failure issues, if the eat a food which can block TAURINE absorption, but will reverse if the food changes.  Fish have the highest amount of natural  TAURINE.  Or (best) you can move to a BARF (raw meat & bones) diet.https://www.caninejournal.com/hot-spots-on-dogs/ht...

She needs a vet...   This isnt something you're going to treat at home

He's biting himself. The only cure is de-toothing.