Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAustraliaGeneral - Australia · 1 month ago

can i fail englash?

Is it possible to legally receive a grade that is not passing in the state of Queensland, Australia? If so, why?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Me fail English? That's unpossible!

• Jay P
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You beat me to it.  That's my favourite Ralph Wiggum quote.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

At my high school if you fail a required course; English, Science, History/Social Studies or Math, you may have the opportunity to earn the failed credit in summer school. If you do not pick up your failed 10th grade English credit in summer school you will need to take two English classes your next year, both 10th grade English and 11th grade English. English is the only course at my high school that requires 4 years of credit, in order to graduate.

However at my high school, you don’t fail a grade. Students are assigned a homeroom with a group of students who are all set to graduate in 4 years time from their 9th grade year. These students will remain in this homeroom for the next 4 years and progress through being freshmen (9th grade), sophomores (10th grade), juniors (11th grade) and seniors (12th grade). However not all will graduate in 4 year’s time. Some will need to come back for an extra semester (1/2 year) or even an extra full year. These students are often called “super seniors” .

Many of the students who fall behind in credits will change from the traditional high school to the alternate high school. The alternate high school is far more focused on the individual student than the traditional high school. Students work with an individualized programs on the computer and progress at their own rate. At the alternate high school, some students will get back enough credits to catch up and will sometimes switch back to the traditional high school. Other alternative high school students may choose to complete high school at the alternative high school. Unfortunately, however some students don’t succeed in either the traditional setting or the alternative setting and end up dropping out of high school altogether.

I think this is typical of most US high schools, but as always:

• 1 month ago

I'm witith the Chinese coss me noth spek engilish.

• 1 month ago

You failed it in your 1st question.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There are several people from Queensland in this forum and none of them can speak English. Language proficiency seems to deteriorate the closer you get to the Gold Coast. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Half Drawn Boy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Fraud. Every registered nurse would be able to answer that easily. Heck, anyone who had done GCSE biology would know. 

• 1 month ago

Only 10% of the Australian population knows proper English.

• 1 month ago

English is the language of the white man , the oppressor , you should be learning the brown man's language instead. 

• Erek1 month agoReport

Nope, definitely not, the English language is wayy more useful and convenient and could get you farther in life. Not sure why you would recommend this.

• 1 month ago

anything is possible, just get a tutor

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your trolling is F grade.  On the other hand your English is at least a D grade in my book.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.