Lv 7
RB asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 4 months ago

How to re-glue down small areas of carpet?

I need to glue down some areas of carpet that have "bubbled up" Something like a syrenge on a  calking tube would be ideal.

Does this exist? If so, where can I get it and if not what are your suggestuins?

The areas are not close to a seam and I'd don't want to have to pull up half a roon to re-glue it.


The carpet is currently glued down to concrete.

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favourite answer

    You  can buy large syringes on line 'adhesive dispensers' - they are disposable as cleaning them is not very realistic. Fill them from a caulking tube. Rather depends why the original glue failed as to whether this will be very successful.  Adhesive is a standard installation method for contract carpeting.

  • 4 months ago

    carpet isn't installed with glue at all.  it is stretched across the room with a knee kicker.  handyman with some carpet experience can do this

  • 4 months ago

    maybe you can hire someone to do it

  • Dze
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

    i wouldnt do that .. carpet is stretched and tacked down at the edges .. if you make the godamdest mess that was ever created it will be real difficult to ever get it replaced ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.