Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 months ago

Is Brady over the hill,or does he have another good year in him?

Would you want Brady on your fantasy team? (12 team league that starts 2 QBs)

You don't throw out a classic car, just because it turned over 100,000 miles on the speedometer. 

sure, he's not  20, or even 30 anymore........ but you can't stand there and argue with 6 Super Bowl rings, either. 

Maybe you can can't race him at full speed any more, and the clutch is starting to wear out........but, he can still  get a team closer to the superbowl than most. 

But, ya know, he's still only one man, and he needs a good team, to protect him, and catch his passes.   He could still be a superstar.......but if ya got a crappy team backing him up.......

well, ya rarely see classic cars, dragging a junk wagon behind them, ---winning speed races. 

He'll only be as good as the team backing him up and making the plays when it counts. 

The Bucs have got to want it bad enough , and Brady can help them get there..........but he can't do it all alone. 

He should have another decent year in him.

The most effeminate QB in the NFL is going to take a beating behind that porous O-line in Tampa. It's going to be fun to watch.

You can stick a fork in Little Tommy Bundchen because the boy is done.

He's been declining for a few years, but a 75% of a primed Brady is still better than most QB.

That depends. If he has injuries to his arm, he will definitely not play as well as he once did. Joe Montana for example retired because he played his last few seasons with a weakened arm due to injuries.

He's like Joe Biden.  His best years are way behind him.  But to be clear, Biden is a senile corrupt pedophile.  Brady is none of these things.

Brady has been over the hill for years.  Being over the hill doesn't mean you're worthless.  It means you're past your prime.  

He has quality receivers and he will have a decent year IF his O line protects him. For fantasy purposes, Id say he's middle of the pack and good for spot starts.

Why can't it be both?

And would I want him on my team?  I wouldn't want him over Mahomes, but every QB has value in a 12 team 2 QB league, so of course I'd want him at the right price.  (Same goes for any player)

I think those are two different questions.  I think Brady IS over the hill, but he has been for a couple years.

I would want him on a 24 starting QB league, ABSOLUTELY.  He left NE at least in part over frustration over not being given enough weapons.  He's going to have two high quality outside receivers for the first time in his life who will be able to open up the middle for all those inside routes Brady loves.  I think they're going to throw the ball a TON in Tampa.  Even if Brady's rating suffers, he's going to have fun slinging the ball around.  I have ZERO doubt he'll be one of the top 24 fantasy QBs.