How to stop crying over a lost loved one? ?

mom and my dad wasn’t on speaking terms she just randomly told me that he died.. I asked her when the funeral and she told me he died weeks ago.. please help me I want stop crying..20/20 was the worst year. ?? 

I AM VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. MAYBE WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR DAD TELLING HIM HOW YOU FEEL AND HOW MUCH YOU LOVED HIM AND MISS HIM. ALLOW YOUR SELF TO GRIEVE, IF U DO NOT IT CAN CAUSE DEPRESSION LATER ON. ANOTHER THING TO DO IS WRITE DOWN ALL THE GOOD QUALITIES OF YOUR DAD AND DWELL ON THEM. SAY GOODBYE IN YOUR OWN WAY. WHEN MY SISTER DIED I RELEASED A BALLOON AND LET HER GO. GRIEVING CAN TAKE SOME TIME, BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF, IT IS OKAY TO LAUGH AS WELL AND REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES.

I’m sorry your father died. I’m at the same time surprised your not really upset with your mothers. It may have hurt her and she is just coming to terms with it also.  As has been said it’s ok to cry. Maybe even write what you would have like to tell him, express your inward thoughts on paper, or talk to someone your comfortable with. Prayer can bring real comfort. It’s not just the fact God answers prayers, he can give us has Holy Spirit to help us get through the pain. Yes, God’s holy spirit,  can equip you with “power beyond what is normal” to go from one day to the next. (2 Corinthians 4:7) Remember: God can help Us to endure any and every problem they may face. For more help there is a brochure “When someone we love dies”. This is at www.jw.org under publications, Brochures.

Again I’m sorry, I lost my Dad too and my mother had remarried, it wasn’t a easy thing to go through. Reading that brochure and prayer helped me.

It was rotten of your mother not to let you know when he died, if she knew herself.

Don't try to avoid grieving.  It's normal and necessary if you want to come back to emotional health.  Maybe a clergyman or a competent therapist can hellp you get through the process of grieving.

• Paul

It's an old saying, but still true - time heals. It will take time, but you will heal. A few months from now you will feel less pain, and a year from now most of the pain will be gone.

So sorry for your loss.  Losing a loved one in death is never easy no matter how recent or long ago.  I hope this helps.  This is the Bible’s viewpoint on how to deal with grief.  “Help for Those Who Grieve”

Please click link below:  https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&issue=2018-11...

If you would like to know more:  please see the website:  www.jw.org

Dear, if you continue to cry, it's normal... because it's not normal for people to die. Most of people cry when they lost their children and parents .Year 2020 took away many lifes... For some people, and for you, dear, this year became the worst...

If it were normal for people to die, we would get used to it.... But we didn't...and don't...and will not.... Because PEOPLE WERE NOT CREATED TO DIE!  God created people to live forever on the earth, so our mind doesn't understand how it can be, when yesterday somebody WAS... but today he DOESN'T EXIST.... God created people to see their relatives forever.... So when the death separate us, we can't agree with it....    What can help you to live on? The Bible says that all who died, are unconscious:"For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all.."(Ecclesiastes 9:5). They don't suffer and don't see or hear us. They sleep, but not forever... God can awake them!"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out..."(John 5:28,29). This hope help many people to live with grief....So you can meet with your father on the earth in paradise in future. The Bible says about God: "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”(Revelation 21:4). It will be very soon, so please, be patient, dear and wait for thiis! You can read more about it in the website jw.org

Here is the truth:  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell. The only way to have eternal life, the only way to be in heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ for eternal life (John 6:47).  It is that simple and that easy.  It is too late to be saved after death.  Jesus is God and Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).  Nothing else pays for our sins, not works from us or anything else, and Jesus already paid for our sins with His death and blood.  You cannot add any works to getting into heaven (Romans 4:5).

• Lyuba1 month agoReport

Where do you read this in the Bible that death leads immediately to heaven or hell? How do your words help to stop crying?

My condolences.  It takes time to grieve.  Take walks.  Have a cup of chamomile tea.  Call a friend.   Pray.  I will pray for you too.  Look up Philippians 4:6-8 in the Bible.  In fact, read the entire New Testament.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John.  I depend on the Lord in times of trouble  (and always.)  Jesus is a faithful friend.  Also read Psalms.  

• BJ

Why did Jesus speak of death as a sleep?

Because a sleeping person is inactive. During deep sleep there is no consciousness of surroundings or the passing of time. There is no pain or suffering.

Similarly, in death there is no activity or activity or consciousness. But the comparison goes further with sleep.

With sleep, one expects to wake up. And that is exactly the hope that the Bible offers for the dead.

This would be the resurrection that Jesus spoke about.

Jesus’ early disciples clearly understood the true condition of the dead. To the followers of Jesus death was a sleep, and the grave a resting-place.

Just make sure you are there to welcome him back.

• Imperatus1 month agoReport

nice copypasta 

((((Fall))))

You are *meant* to go through a mourning process.

I'm very sorry for your loss.