Why would my mothers bank hesitate to move her checking and savings accounts into the name of her trust?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

They would not hesitate at all, if they were properly directed to do so.  If they did not receive proper direction, they they can't do it.  If your mother does not know what she is doing, she should have her lawyer do it.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Wills & Estates law experience.
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Unless SHE, or someone with legal paperwork granting the authority to act on her behalf is submitting the proper paperwork, they are not hesitating, they INFORMED you that the legal authority to make the change isn't there.

If you are trying to do ANYTHING to her accounts without being a NAMED OWNER, having a Power of Attorney, or court appointed guardianship, that is a TEXTBOOK case of elder financial abuse.Note: The above make the unfounded assumption you presented the legal documents creating the trust in question.

• ted
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Only your mother's bank can provide an answer 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What makes you think they are hesitating?   

I have a solution. Call them and say "Why are you hesitating to move her checking and savings accounts into the name of her trust?"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

don't know any specifics but i do know there is a significant awareness in Financial Institutions of Elderly Abuse by Caretakers right now. if The Clerk merely suspects fraud or Abuse of an Elderly Client, they will report it to some Elderly Advocacy Agency for adjudication.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.