Ben asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Can veganism cause hair loss?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes a vegetarian diet can cause hair loss if it is not planned properly. Vegetarians consume primarily plant-based foods, but may also include animal-based foods as well. There are different degrees of vegetarianism to include: Lacto (consumes plant-based foods and milk and dairy products)

• 2 months ago

Never caused me any problems in that area. However it did cause me to lose weight due to the non consumption of anything animal related and eating more healthily. ( lots more fruit and veggies in the diet) But as I have really thick hair anyway, unless it starts coming out in great wafts I'm not gonna notice too much. 

• 2 months ago

Yes. Vegans don't get enough biotin, other B vitamin, or collagen.  Being a vegan generally isn't going to provide the essential nutrients a human body needs in the long run without supplementation. 

• It's possible, if you're not getting enough nutrients and protein from a vegan diet then that could cause some hair loss. But other issues could cause hair loss too. If you're concerned about this if possible, you should see your doctor.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's the leading cause of baldness.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, it can, meat has all sorts of protein in it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.