Ben asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 4 months ago

I'm planning on doing a vegan diet for 30 days. Should I buy a Vitamin B12 supplement?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

why go vegan then if you are going to cut out essential human nutrients? this is what is so funny about the vegan diet. They think its healthier but they are missing key nutrients that are only found in animals. how about except spending money on b12 supplements that are load with heavy metals you buy a nice steak cook it in butter and enjoy yourself more then taking supplements for a sad vegan diet. 

Source(s): ex vegan trying to stop vegan propaganda and malnourishment
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

If you haven't depleted your liver storage of nutrients already then you're the fine for 1 month without supplements 

• 4 months ago

not if you intend on eating fortified cereals or using fortified plant based milks.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Unless you've been following a really unhealthy diet then you shouldn't need to worry about B12 supplements if you are only following a vegan diet for 30 days. 

In any case, lots of foods (vegan and non-vegan) are fortified with B12.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

If your are only eating a vegan diet for 30 days, no need for a B12 supplement, unless you know for a fact that you are already deficit in B12. Otherwise a balanced diet and a multivitamin if you want to take one should do for one month of no meat products. 

• Joe
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Yes, do buy the vitamin supplement 

• Daisy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

If you have been eating a well balanced diet, you should enough B12 stores to avoid getting sick.

But it wouldn't hurt to take a B12 supplement occasionally.

You don't want to overdo B12. It can cause acne outbreaks and men are more at risk for lung cancer...edpecially if they smoke.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Rather than B12 I would suggest a B Complex. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

If you're eating a balanced diet now you will have enough B12 to see you through a few years, but please note, not forever.  You should get your bloods tested.  Even omnivores can develop B12 absorption problems.

• 4 months ago

No.

Since you are trying to bring suffering, I recommend a whip or a hair shirt.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.