Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

Would i be financed? ?

So theres a motorcycle for $2599 (yes i know its more then that after fees)... i just got laid off my job & i have no credit at 19.... but i have almost a $2k down payment...nobody will cosign for me tho... so am I screwed or could i be financed for the last bit? or do they not finance for that little amount? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

You don't currently have a job.

You have NO PROOF that you can repay the loan.  Financing is not likely.

If you have $2K - then you would only be financing $599 - so why don't you try to talk them down on the price.  In some cases, when you offer CASH to purchase with no financing involved, you can get them to come down on the price.

Offer $1650 - they will probably counter offer with $2350 - you offer $1800 - they may counter offer with $2100 - you offer $1900 and they might take $2K.

Now - if they don't make counter offers and they stay firm on the price - then you are out of luck.  Or if they don't counter offer low enough.  NEVER let them know the amount you have or the amount you will stop countering at.  You can sometimes get them to go lower than what you was willing to pay.  Always hesitate and act like you won't pay more than what you have offered.

Now - after you use all your money to buy this - how are you going to pay for insurance, title transfer, and  plates so you can actually drive it.  (and don't forget about a motor cycle license for yourself.  Some states require that you have a motor cycle permit or a motor cycle license to operator a motorcycle in that state - be sure you know what is required for your state and have the money for that too.)

• cam1 month agoReport

Thank you for actual advice... 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Short answer - no. But go ahead and try. The experience will be instructive and beneficial. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You do not have a job.  You have $2k.  You want to spend all that money on a bike.  You need to get your head examined.

• 1 month ago

you need to ask the person youre buying it from about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Considering you'd be seeking about $1k in financing, your best bet would be to just get a credit card and put it on that.

With that said, you're making poor life decisions.  Use that $2k to pay bills until you get another job.

• jimanddottaylor
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

No job, no money, but a nice bike that they can not afford to ride.   Should be a no-brainer

• 1 month ago

Probably not because you don’t have a job. How do you plan on paying it off if you don’t have a job. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.