If Michelle Obama ran for president would you vote?

I would 100%%%%%%

Tell me what makes this poised and sophisticated woman not qualified to run for president. For you who don't like her. Can you come up with a valid reason to not like her besides the fact shes a African American woman.

There's no reason to be upset.

1) She's completely unqualified to be president. She's hardly ever even worked in her life let alone had a job that would qualify her to be president. If you haven't been the boss of something like a state, military or large corporation you have no idea what it takes to run the most powerful country in the world. 

2) She is completely classless and disrespected the country on countless occasions. 

3) Considering how awful of a president Barack was I can't imagine she would do better. He was smarter and at least somewhat qualified. 

• RICK

You just described  Trump
      Totally unqualified  even after 3 1/2 years on the job
      Totally disrespectful to the country and the Constitution 
      And by the way Obsma was 100 times better

Michelle Obama is not qualified to be president of the United States, yet. It is more than just diplomacy and people liking you because you are ladylike.  The task at hand to handle multiple problems and demonstrate leadership has to be demonstrated ahead of time.  In addition, she is rather international and works closely with children and the food health program advocacy is just not enough because the initiatives and negotiating skills are not there.  You learn this by owning and running large corporations, working with multiple people but also, by volunteering with various grassroot groups.  I find that within each segment of the population, there are not a lot of people who walk the service walk with enough grassroots organization to make a voting impact.  These presidential candidates all have ivy league educations, all have volunteered and run businesses.  Some even have great social media platforms.  Some have families and others are great on the local level but just not someone you want to tune into everyday.  As a presidential candidate, you will be in the media everyday just about whether you like it or not or find that you can stage it or not ahead of time. The news people are smart and snarky about it at times especially if they hate you and will ensure that every weakness about you or your past even if it was not a weakness is brought forth.  

Another weakness is her disdain is written on her face especially with regards to her personal life.  This is not something that most men display ever towards there wives in front of the cameras.  Usually, wives may grimace but not the President and thus rejection can not make lose your stuff like it has with a visibly shaken person when the president did not shake her hand to the point of ripping up speech papers and looking teary-eyed.  In fact, understanding her is not enough.  It is the way it appears to other leaders.  I do not want tears, we want action and solutions that work.   What are you going to do when international leaders start posting pictures of you crying with a glass of wine holding two babies and an ivy league degree. It is harsh but can be avoided. And not by adding a dog that no one likes but it makes good politics to see Putin get a dog near a German leader who has PTSD to punk her.  Hilarious or not, that is the stuff leaders have to deal with. And the comfort level on Merkel's face was up there with watching a slasher film with just President Putin just looking as if nothing was happening and everything was cool. 2pts for making it a Black Lab; skittishness achieve level 100%.  You have to understand the ruthlessness of the leadership and even why other countries do not need sit at the table, there is a reason why you do not sit leaders of certain countries together a dinner party.  But this goes further, you have to know why leaders and their armies and platforms are in place for their countries.  

Moreover, there is only one thing that makes for less continuity than wearing disapproving scowl in the everyday rustic family dynamic.  This is a hard job!  Do not sign up for presidential candidacy without taking risks, being able to have a poker-face and being able to rally diplomatically the idea that people need some one like you.  And unfortunately, slow talking in delivering messages and personal relegations of family dynamics are a no-no.  Never, never speak about family even to report good. This is probably why the Queen is so dismayed as before the marriage of grandson, these extended family issues were not nipped in the bud: all the family drama.  People do not want a personal story, as president and leadership, you are there to display and tell how your policies benefit/work and allow people to deliver an example of their story as evidence that the laws you sign benefit everyday Americans.

However, it is not just about social media planned events. People can be somewhat fickle, just in general.  And if she does not have a very strong base, it is quite harsh but she like many before her will wipeout on the way down from her first presidential debate.  Some people just do not appear presidential meaning, you have to roll with the punches, but avoid punches and wag the dog when you need.  And you need to own the moment, you only get 30 seconds so sell it, close it and make sure people are willing to hold on to the receipt and not return you for 4 to 8 years.  

IMHO, the only way she or anyone else to become president is to get an unevenly favored momentum for people to jump on the bandwagon, but they also, have to work with the existing Congress which means it is not just about local leadership, it is about marketing yourself to work with the existing governing body and its constituents. That means attending a variety of events from military, police, townhalls, and other grassroot organizations.  

Sure you can make a simple slogan that seems achievable, yet means that everyone can have ownership or buy-in.  It uplifts and yet at the same time is not cliché or outdated.  The slogan has to also, not only be relatable but it has to demonstrate part of the political machine itself.  "Some people have been Black and poor for a long time and after a long time, now we are great" is not exactly the slogan I am looking for from a president.  I want someone who is new and fresh but knows how to work the system for the benefit of Americans who are American minded.  Meaning they can be tinder swiped right, and have athleticism, and are able to diplomatically speak and be taken seriously internationally and domestically.  

Finally, the candidate should understand that there are things they cannot change.  And when changes do occur they have an opportunity to empower people or disarm people or uplift them but assisting the country through transitions that can be turbulent and/or disconcerting if the focus is not on the infrastructure and bottom line of state of the country, they have not done their job. Words have power, but actions speak volumes, but you need to understand the law by heart and know prescriptive resolutions.   Their job is to ensure to put forth the best face of the American people both with diplomacy domestically and internationally.  If that is who you are and what you have then you should have been able to sell it and close the deal already, come November 2020 the presidential elections and ballots are being mailed.  I hope she runs, but I have not even heard from her in domestic or international dealing within  the current presidential role: the person in the family taking those risks is her husband.  Moreover, she is addressing women to women organizations which is great but that is only 1/2 of the population of the country or world purview.  Is she candidate worthy? Perhaps!  I am looking for more and current leadership like Governor Como  even my Governor in my current state possess leadership skills that lend itself to supplant that supposition.  The main reason is their feet have been held in the fire of not just the novel coronavirus but the ongoing riots of 2020. The public at large is able to see the many leaders in communities and it is the job of the President to enable the governors to implement the things they need on the presidential level.  You have to be able to meet with various leaders to meet the need to preserve the infrastructure of the country and keep things running through various transitions.  All at once, you have to have all 50 and their leadership quickly up to speed, and be able to focus on the hotspots, all while addressing the concerns of the nation which do not go away whether there is a crisis or not.  She is great though in developing platforms for discussions of  domestic and international human rights issues for women and young girls in the news and that is not an easy task.  Finally, she is healthy, intelligent, and inspires healthy eating and self-care.   

• RICK

I'm voting whether  she runs or not

If you meant to ask would I vote for her the answer to that is Hell Yes, I'll vote for anyone not named Trump

• SumDude

You are going to love the next 4 years (!)

I WILL vote regardless of if she runs. I won't vote for HER.

For someone else.

Nope. Can you come up with a valid reason to vote for her, other than she's a "poised, sophisticated" black woman?

• RICK

She ain't Trump, that would be enough reason for any sensible  person

If I was from the USA then I would not vote, for ANYONE!!!

I don't see anyone who is qualified, and you want to know why she is not qualified. What kind of drug are you on???

The americans wanted Trump who has no clue what he is doing as president.

Look at what is currently happening to the USA, and WHO do you think is to blame, for what is happening there?

You americans wanted Trump to be the president, and he doesn't know what he is doing, so that's just pathetic.

He can't lead, and you think Obama'a wife can do better than Trump?

Hahahahahahaha.

I think I would be a better candidate than Trump, and the Obama family, and anyone else who you can think of, but the problem is I am not from the USA, so I can't run, for president of the USA. If I ran then I would want to keep my identity hidden from the rest of the world, and I have my reasons, for saying this. I would reveal myself to some people, but not to everyone.

I remember Trump saying I am a builder when he ran, and look at what fell apart!!!

Lastly I am a male.

• Richard

The majority of Americans did NOT vote for him.  Hillary Clinton got 2 million more popular votes than Trump, but lost due to our weird "Electoral College" rules.

• Judith

No.  Voted for Obama.  Like and admire Michelle but she doesn't have the qualifications needed to be president.  Being the wife of a president doesn't qualify her.  Besides, doesn't what Michelle wants matter?  She isn't interested.

She is not qualified to be president. Just because she’s the wife of someone who was president doesn’t mean she’s qualified.

• RICK

Trumps had the job for almost 4 years and she is still more qualified  than he is

I would not. Have a nice day.