Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Are there any health effects to not wearing socks? ?

I'm a 40 year old guy and I can't stand wearing socks, I've been this way most of my life.  In my early 20s, I basically stopped wearing socks everyplace except my job and at times around family.   By the time I got to my mid late 20s, I stooped totally, except for visiting family in cold weather. I've worn pretty much all my footwear this way, even work boots.   While I've never had any major issues,  other then soreness(mostly with new footwear) and athletes foot one time.  Can not wearing socks give you health problems later in life?  I'm not diabetic or overweight btw. 

I don't think so, I also can't stand wearing socks and i hardly wear socks in my sneakers in the Winter time (This time of year I wear sandals) and I am 47, and I started the habit not wearing socks year round since I was 12.  Only time I wear socks is when it is extremely cold or I am in a situation where I need to wear them. I also wear my sneakers without socks to all the jobs I had in the past and my current job.  When I visit family I still will not wear socks and they could care less if I have socks on or not. 

• Steven

Wearing shoes without the socks make your feet smelly, but regularly doing same also increases the risk of developing gross foot conditions like athlete's foot. If the lining is not breathable then moisture, heat, and bacteria will all be trapped inside the shoe.

• ron h

it makes you incredibly bored.  Apparently

Yes.  If you do not wear socks you will become infected with the cofronavirdus 

Source(s): government doctor Anthony Fauci
  • patty

if it works for u then why not

Well you could get blisters on your feet, and your feet will stink bad as well as your sneakers. My girlfriend's son is like that he never wears socks in his sneakers, and he is about 10, and the smell is horrible. 

your family must be overjoyed

• audrey

Only that your feet sweat and make your shoes smelly. Which makes your feet smelly.

The only time I wear socks is when I wear closed shoes.

If I'm wearing sandals, slippers or no footwear... there are no socks upon my feet.

I have never had a health problem related to my feet.

You could live without socks, but I don't recommend it. Even if they're uncomfortable, they serve a purpose. Socks provide protection and a form of hygiene. They absorb sweat. Without socks your feet are more prone to fungal infections. Shoes can rub off skin and lead to infection. Maybe try thinner socks? Mesh socks? They are very light and unnoticeable.