Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballScottish Football · 5 months ago

Is Steven Gerrard taking a huge risk by staying at rangers for next season?

He could be hailed a hero if he stops Celtic doing 10 in a row. However he could go down in the history books as the guy who couldn't stop Celtic doing a record breaking  10 in a row. Especially when you consider he overseen Celtic doing 8 and 9 in a row while being the manager of Rangers.

Looks like he will stay so he obviously believes he can stop Celtic winning the record breaking 10 in a row, fair play to him but this has the potential to back fire horrendously on him. Lets just hope he knows what he's doing, his managerial record at rangers will have a lot of rangers followers very worried that their nightmare is about to become true, Celtic achieving the never done before 10 in a row.

Let's Go!

• ?
    5 days ago

They are all backward and northern

He came when Celtic were the powerhouse in Scotland.

its remarkable hes doing as well as he is right now at Rangers.

I've always liked Rangers and never really liked Celtic.

I hope he does the job and stops Celtic from 10 in a row.

they're a spoiled bunch of morons.  Rangers are the true Glasgow team.

lmfao , omfg please tell me Celtic haven't just won the SPL 9 years straight !???

All this time I had no idea, but its like a reminder of how uncompetitive SPL is tbh.

its pretty much going to be 10 in a row lets be honest unless nerves get the better of Celtic and Rangers do enough to win it and stop their 10 in a row.

cmon Rangers whats wrong with your shite team ^_^

lol fecking shite premier league full of jock tw4ts

Rangers?

Rangers FC died in 2012 due to the inability to secure a CVA.

The club currently playing at Ibrox is Sevco Rangers and The International Basket of Assets 2012 with some minor lower league trophies, a Petrofrack Cup and a Violini Trophy which they won against some B-Sides in a pre season warm up. .

I’m not a Celtic fan but I know that they’re streets ahead of them financially, plus they have allready had a moulded team for years, unlike rangers which has pretty much been an overhauled squad since Steve G came in.

Regardless of the points gap between Celtic, stevie g has still improved the team guiding them deep into the europa league along with better performances and results against Celtic. The board and I’m sure a lot of the fans see this aswell. They’re just lacking that extra bit of squad depth Celtic have to keep their performances consistent. 

For me even if he doesn’t topple 10 in a row. Aslong as he gives Celtic a good run for their money, either a domestic cup or another good run in Europe then I think he’s done half decent. 

• Ryan

I think he is only staying because the rest of the season was called off. If the remaining games were played out I think he'd have left. I suppose he at least wants a trophy and next season that could be possible but the league is a stretch too far. 

Rangers success depends more on Celtics transfer dealings this summer with the surprise exit of Jonny Hayes I know many would laugh at this guy but he is a very good player for the scottish prem, experienced, reliable and seemed happy enough to not play every game as well as being versatile. We might see him offered a contract yet Lennon likes him wanted to keep him i feel the decision was made higher up than Lennon. Now that's only one player but you need players like that in your team they're the key to any successful team  

• August

Steve Gerrard has got to go. He is isn't a top manager yet and should have earned his stripes in the lower leagues of English Football. Who ever signed him up needs his head examining 

Bring it on I cant wait 

He's overseen 8 or 9 in row? 🤔

Celtic have had it too easy for too long; Scottish football  needs a strong challenge from somewhere.