My friend's tattoo is scabbing a lot and peeling off skin, help?

This is her third tattoo, and the other two healed fine. She works two jobs and hasn't had the chance to go buy more products for tattoo aftercare, and has only been able to clean it with water. (she got the tattoo wednesday and today is sunday). 

Now the tat has kinda thick scabbing, and one section of the tat is starting to completely peel her skin off. She has not been picking at it at all, and when this started she put a bandaid over it.

The internet has been completely unhelpful, it only talks about the normal peeling to expect from tattoos, which is what the rest of her new tattoo is doing fine.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? What happened and what did you do to help it, and did that work? Also did it affect the result of your tattoo?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Best thing imo is to go to the artist that did the tattoo and ask for their advice. They will usually know if reactions are unexpected and have the best advice/product recommendations to save it. If you can’t go to that specific artist maybe see if another artist will take a look.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

well i call troll as tattoo places are still closed and the only way she got one was illegally done and putting the band-aid over it was the dumbest thing she could of did and all of what you say in the question is wrong so i call troll

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.