Raja asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

How eye infections are common after two months of cataract surgery ?

I had a cataract surgery on 27th December 2019. Everything went well and vision is also fine. In month of feb 2020, i got first infection. Doctor gave some drops. Now we have lock down due to Covid so it's not easy to visit doctor again and again but that eye has been infected two three times. It becomes red and painful for few hours and then it becomes okay. The weather is very hot here now a days. So do you know if it is normal after cataract surgery and it will be okay after a while or i will keep getting infections ? Is it because of dust ? and if it is because of dust then for how long it is going to happen or it is because of sun light ? For how long is it giong to happen. I am worried. I am 37 years old and it is not common to have a cataract in this age. Do you know if it is related to diet, health or other things or computer usage because i am a developer so i use computer a lot. Please guide me as much as possible because it is not easy to get good details from doctor right now because of the lock down. Also let me know if you know why does cataract thing happen in this age ? What health issues can be related to this ? I have no sugar issue and no blood pressure issue as well so the case is quite unique. Please help if you can. As the case is not very common, the information is not available on internet that much. Reason for adding question here is that i want to know if someone has faced similar issues. Please help if you can.

Cataract surgery should cause no infection issues, especially after 2 months. It can happen immediately after surgery, that's why you were given anti-inflammatory/antibiotic drops for 2 or 3 weeks.

About age, cataracts can affect anyone at any age, although it's normal to develop the condition with age. 

If infections continue you need to see your ophthalmologist as soon as possible. Preferably the one who operated you. 

Not common if you follow the instructions from the Specialist I have had both eyes done and was driving on the 3 day

Your eye is not becoming infested. Your description of what is happening does not fit any infective process that I am aware of. You have a emergency situation where you should be seen even if your doctor has not been seeing routine patients. Your surgeons office should have a way to make contact with them even if they are not working normal hours. My guess is that you are having some kind of inflammatory episodes related to your surgery.