Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 months ago

Do black lives matter to other blacks?

I live in a city in which black-on-black homicides and shootings are reported every night on the TV news. Yet I can't remember a single incidence of blacks marching with "Black Lives Matter" signs in these cases. You sometimes see a video of a tearful mother expressing her grief, and then the matter is forgotten. 

• Joey

They don't.  And there lies the problem.  If they care why undermine the message by committing more crimes?  We need more aggressive tactics like a high-powered hose to flush the vermin committing the crimes away.

To most - I'm sure they do. But fact is... African American males are responsible for 52% of all homicides in the US. Which is an uncomfortable truth that no one wants to talk about. 93% of black Americans are killed by other black Americans. No one is protesting against that.

Evidently not.

How many black guys were killed by other black guys this week in Chicago, L.A., NYC, Atlanta, Houston or Toronto?  And why is that just okay with the BLM movement?

I can see why the KKK accepts those numbers, because those idiots have made their agenda very clear.  But why the silence from BLM?  Do black lives really only matter if they're taken by white guys?  Really?

• nappa

I heard over 30 blacks killed in chicago last weekend, not mention of that on news,,I guess that is fine as long as a white person didn't do the shooting.

Not usually it would seem, but if there is an opportunity to attack a white policeman, or loot and riot, it seems they do. But I suspect they love the chaos more. If BLM why are so many kids unwanted by their mothers, fathers, families and end up as criminals in gangs?

It is the same in the UK and across the world, look at the Jamaica to see where many in Britain hailed from.

It is not about lives but about the 8th Amendment in the Constitution. Obviously, those police in trouble has violated on the 8th Amendment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Amendment_to_...

U.S. Government is also taking double standard. On one hand, it has condemned on the suppressing on rioters in Hong Kong. Now it is using military force to suppress its own rioters. Rioters in Hong Kong have costed damage in billions Hong Kong Dollar; but rioters in U.S. have only costed very little in comparing to Hong Kong. 

Watching CSPAN; Book TV program on a discussion on Alex Kotlowitz's book about gun violence in Chicago.  The presentation has a lady he writes about, Lisa Daniels, speaking about her son who was killed in a drug altercation gone wrong, and her outreach to perpetrator of the crime.  The news reported her son, Darren, as a drug felon and criminal.  When asked about how her son was portrayed, she said she wished they would had reported him as a human being who had people who loved him.

I thought, very different from how the victim is portrayed, when it's a "white on black" scenario, which is what we're seeing right now.  It's tragic what happened to George Floyd, but there was no outcry for Darren Easterling, and the countless like him, that die from senseless violence, everyday.  Lisa Daniels won't be celebrated as a "strong independent woman", and her message of healing and forgiveness falls on death ears.

Daniels had to rely on Kotlowitz, a white man, to care enough to get Darren's story heard.  I am watching this on CSPAN, of all places, all the while, chaos is breaking out, and the media making it worse with their irresponsible reporting.  

93% of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks. Need anything more be said?

...............yes.