Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 month ago

Is Canada still locked down because of Covid-19?

And how long has the lockdown been in place?

(In case, it isn't anymore, how long did the lockdown last?)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

Not all of it is, some provinces are in different phases of re opening their economies. I'm in Ontario, lucky I don't have covid 19, no one in my work place (which is essential) that I know of has it either. There are emergency stay at home measures still in place. That lasted for about 2 months and it's still in place for another 2 weeks. Ontario is currently in phase 1 of re opening the economy. They're talking about going into phase 2 in a few weeks. 

Currently in Ontario; Some retail places with street entrance can offer curb side pick ups, hardware stores, but bars and restaurants, are only offering take out or delivery services. Parks are open but you can't use the play grounds / any equipment in a park that can be shared, or can't be wiped down. In larger parks, social distancing circles were painted on the grass this week after a large gathering of people in a park happened a few weeks ago.

It wasn't locked down but there were a lot of emergency measures put in place. Such as staying at home as much as possible, boarder closures, closures of non essential businesses, physical distancing, washing your hands regularly and trying not to touch your face. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Things are improving.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Canada was never 'locked down'.  Each province set its own rules regarding safe distancing, which businesses were considered essential and allowed to operate, where and how many people could gather, etc.

• 1 month ago

Sort of.  Things are different in different places, but, many require a 14 day quarantine period when you enter a place.  Restaurants in Yukon opened this weekend as one example, but, bars are still not open.  So, it depends, mostly on where you are.  In general though, yes; more or less.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Canada never was locked down.  

• 1 month ago

Canada is a HUGE country. It has cities like Toronto, which, like other dense cities, had a number of COVID cases. Then it has wide open spaces where people live miles from each other, and there were few or no cases. Warmer weather seems to make a difference, too, which is probably why British Columbia wasn't affected as much as Ontario. So the conditions were different in different places. 

• 1 month ago

I'm in BC, we never had an enforced lockdown, like you can't leave your house and everything is closed up?  Didn't happen where i live.  Stores reduced their hours, places that gathered large crowds were shut down but most did things voluntary like limit the amount of people in one location.

Stores are going back to normal hours already.

• 1 month ago

What is Canada 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.