Does anyone have any idea when the AMD 4000 desktop CPUs coming out?

I'm assuming sometime in the second half of this year. Depending on when it comes out I might just go with the AMD 3000 series CPU.

The word is still in the rumor stages. At first all signs pointed to a Q4 2020 release but now rumors say they'll be announced at CES 2021. Rumors also point to Ryzen 4000 series processors being delayed because AMD wants to use the TSMC 5nm process, instead of the TSMC 7nm+ process.

Rumors also indicate that AMD is going to release a refreshed version of the 3000 series processors. These processors will be called the XT series and they'll have a minor clock speed bump. It sounds like the Ryzen 9 3900XT, Ryzen 7 3800XT, and Ryzen 5 3600Xt are the refreshed versions. If AMD does in fact release refreshed processors, then that would indicate a delay with their 4000-series processors.

in time for Christmas shopping is my take -- that would be about late October