Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

I just accidentally watered a jasmine with distilled white vinegar is there anything I can do to save it?

Long story short, I thought the galf full bottle of water of the coffee table was just an unfinished bottle of water and I poured it on a plant. Turns out my husband was playing with baking soda and vinegar in the backyard with the kids yesterday.

Is there anything I can do to prevent it fron dying?  it was probably 6oz of vinegar.

• patty

give it a long soak 

Pull it out, rinse the dirt ALL off the roots. Soak it in a container of water overnight. Replant it with fresh soil, keep it watered. Hope for the best.

Try gently lifting the plant out of the pot, and rinse off ALL the dirt on the roots, then repot it in new soil. 

If you have some household ammonia, you could add 1-2 tablespoons to a gallon of water and water your jasmine with that. The ammonia will neutralize the acid, and maybe also serve as Nitrogen fertilizer. But not too much, as too much ammonia could also cause harm in the opposite direction. 

The only thing you can do is rinse the soil by thoroughly watering, to the point where the soil is saturated and water is running from it.  Let it drain and hope!  Not guaranteed, though.

No ..................................

I would over water the heck out of it and let it drain well, almost rinsing the soil out.  then keep your fingers crossed.

I would just water it like 3-4 times to sort of rinse the vinegar through the soil.