Gabita asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Flight question?

If this question seems stupid please scroll down! I never flew before, that's why I do have some questions. If I will be in an overnight flight and I choose to sleep during it, is there a chance I might not get up after the plane has landed and get locked there?

No, there's not a chance of that. They'll wake you and tell you to get off.

Stupid is as stupid does.

• L

No..................the flight attendants will make sure you are up and around way before the plane lands.

• MS

No, definitely not.  It would be really hard to sleep through the landing anyway because the cabin gets pretty busy shortly before that.  But they will absolutely wake you up when it's time to get off the plane. 

I did read of 1 case like that.  It made the news just because it is virtually impossible.  Like flipping a coin and having it land on its edge

No, there is no chance that you will be left on the plane. Don't worry about that for a moment.

Er, no - airline staff ensure everyone disembarks.

The plane is then cleaned before it flies somewhere else; it isn't just locked up and left.

• Daniel

No, you aren't going to sleep through deplaning.

If you are in the aisle seat, you will be in the way of anyone in the window (or middle if they are using it).  They will make sure you get up so they can get out.

The flight attendants will make a check of the plane and a cleaning crew will also come on.

No, they wouldn't lock you in, they would arrest you for attempted trespassing.