Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

If you see a dog in a hot car suffering ..  ?

With no windows open. If you smash the car window to help the dog can the owner off the car suie you for damages? Even tho you was in the right? 

call the cops and report it and also call the spca and report it take pictures if it looks in distress break it out,, In Texas the owner will be arrested and fined for it to.. 

It depends where you are, but in lot of places, you will be asked for compensation.

if you need pet seat covers check out cupets/

That’s legal in The State of Florida.  The car owner will be charged with animal cruelty which is a felony. (Up to Five years in prison). 

So basically what you do is that because the dog is hot now, it becomes a hot dog, therefore you can, and should, physically consume it.

• *****

That depends on the laws where you live. In some places, the law protects good Samaritans in cases like this, but usually has certain criteria that need to be met (like a certain temperature range, windows being closed, dog appearing in distress, being told to do it by police dispatch, etc.). Most places do not have these laws, leaving you open to being sued, but that doesn't mean a judge would award damages if it went to court. 

In general, if the dog is not collapsed or appearing in very significant distress, it is best to call the police and let them respond and do the breaking. 

Maybe I would shake the car in order to start the alarm system. The owner or the police would come.

Maybe I would try to open the door or break a window and then certainly run away as quick as possible 'cause the dog could bite me. Lol !!! If the dog can't catch me, neither the owner would, would he ! ? ! Then no fear of being sued ! QED. ( quod erat demonstrandum - latin) . lol ! 

Source(s): Good sense , maybe ! ? ! lol .

Hell naw call the police and let them smash their car. Cause ain't no way in the world imma catch a law suit, or go to jail, cause Karen left her fuckin golden retriever in her hot *** car for 30 mins while she shopped at Whole Foods.  

Oh, they can sue you & take you to court but I bet you a dollar to donut that the judge would just throw it out of court.  I have called Animal Control several times in deadly situations with dogs,  They put the dog in PC (protective custody) & ended up losing their dogs.

Then once I was patrolling the parking lot at the State Fair Grounds & found a young girl on the floor in the back seat, very little movement.  I radioed in & Sargent came immediately & we busted the window to get her out.  She ended up being a 13 yr old mentally challenged Native American girl.  She was already in very bad shape.  After locating her parents, it was her mom & aunt.  They didn't say much but one turned to the other & said, "We don't need a babysitter for tonight."  She was off the Res, filthy dirty .....  She was turned over to a  child protective service & i don't know what went on from there.

Yes, I would chance whatever to save a dog in a hot car & not worry about what was going  to happen to me.

• Mark

If it's at a mall, there is nothing to do but call 911.  If it's in the parking lot of a single store (like Target and Kroger),  I (and yes, I have done this) go to the customer service desk and have them read the license plate and make of car on the overhead.

• Victoria

You’re too nice. Anybody doing that to a dog doesn’t understand how dangerous that is or they just don’t care. They’ll just do it again b/c that’s their mindset, and then next time you won’t be there to see the dog is taken care of.

Laws vary depending on your location.

Where I am it is recommended you take a photo of the distressed pet and ring the emergency number to teport. If emergency responders will be delayed you are directed to break a window.