r
r asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 month ago

Will we be safe at beaches? Is anyone going, this season?

Favorite Answer

Keep a safe distance from other people and you should be just fine.

• r

Blue Ski, thank you, how are you

Going by what's going on in the UK this weekend (yesterday idiots were jumping off a famous rock meaning that beach had to be cleared beforel the rescue helicopters/vehicles could get in to those injured), nobody cares!!  We've already had all of May with no rain and for the UK in May, high temps. so small wonder people have just made up their own minds which is more likely to happen - an increase in Covid 19 cases, or sitting indoors (with no garden) and sweltering.  Maybe it's time to unlock completely and let the chips fall as they may.

Incidentally I read somewhere that the virus doesn't like heat - let's hope nature is helping us out!!

TV Drama?

The beaches are not safe. They are having major problems already, distancing people. People refuse to follow the rules, and the Beaches will close down again.

It depends on whether you maintain proper social distancing.  A beach isn't any more dangerous than any other outdoor area (I think I've heard that the virus has more trouble spreading outdoors than indoors).  The issue is going to be how crowded the beaches are.  If every person stayed at least six feet away from one another at the beach then everyone would be fine.  The problem is going to be if people are crowding closer than that, and if they're moving near each other.  I also think that a big risk area will be the access points for the beach.  Most public beaches in the US are only reachable via a few pathways/staircases.  Those could cause crowding.  Boardwalks, which are present at many urban beaches, could also be a breeding ground for the disease. 

Lol! I was at the beach yesterday 

• r

cool, dont get sick