Catholic confessions during pandemic?

How are catholic confessions made now during the COVID 19 pandemic?

• DP.

Maybe they should be done as the bible directs with God and with others and not just the priest!

• Doug

Catholicism teaches a false works-based gospel to hell. Get away from Catholicism. The Bible nowhere says to confess your sins to a "priest." That is a man-made doctrine. The truth of the Bible is that the moment you believe in Jesus Christ alone to save you (apart from your works), ALL of your sins (past, present, and future) are completely forgiven (Acts 10:43).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

My parish allows it only by appointment with a priest. The parish next door actually still has the confessional open. I suspect that the confessional is disinfected, and as long as the parishioners practice safe measures, all is fine.

• P.L.

All confessions should be made to God via prayer.  No priest, vicar, rector, minister needs to know about our wrong doings (unless we choose to tell them because we need advice regarding the subject).  Our prayers, regardless of what they are about, should be made to God and HIM alone.  HE is the only one who can forgive.  No R.C. priest, no anglican vicar/ methodist/baptist/congregational minister can forgive us or speak on behalf of God on the subject.  We confess via prayer to God and He will give us peace to show us that we are forgiven.  If He desires that we do something to put right something we have done wrong He will tell us what to do via our conscience.  If we are IN TUNE with God when we pray we WILL hear His answer.

There are generally two options for confession: behind the screen or face to face  

In my region of the USA behind the screen confessions never stopped because the confession screen basically blocks almost airflow. So the screen has been kind of like a built in mask for the confessional so no one needs to wear a mask. Cathedrals often offer daily confession and have throughout the pandemic. I’ve been to confession about 3-4 times during the pandemic, I did all behind the screen confessions

Many churches have gotten rid of the confessional screen. Confessions are done face to face now, with the chairs 6 feet apart. Some churches are getting more creative. Around Easter, some priests were sitting in a parking lot blindfolded and people could drive up to them and give their confession.