Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Can breasts grow bigger even after puberty?

I'm a 33 year old woman.

When I was in my 20's my breasts seemed smaller. They fit in the bras I was fitted for and never got in my way.

Now in my 30's I feel like I have two firm water bags attached to my chest constantly getting in my way. When I lean over I feel the weight of them when in my 20's I didn't. I also find myself always correcting how I carry stuff, sit or bend down to accommodate my breasts when I never did before. Its worse during my period and they overflow my regular bra that I have bras just for my period.

On top of that one of my breasts grew visibly larger. I haven't gained any body weight so I wonder if any fat I gained all went into my breasts over there years?

I've been checked my a doctor and no lumps or abnormalities were found.

Part of me wants to get a breast reduction and bring my C cup breasts down to an A to make sure they stay out of my way.

• Edna

You don't need breast reduction surgery; you need a breast lift. A breast lift "lifts" your breasts and puts them back where they're supposed to be. Your breasts stay the same size, but now they're firm and "up there". 

Talk with a plastic surgeon about a breast lift versus a breast reduction, and see which one he suggests would be best for you. 

Yes, they can become bigger, although it's usually only due to swelling from lactation if someone becomes pregnant and has babies, because breast development is typically finished by age 18, not in the 30's.

Anyway, you should be happy with C cup sized breasts, as there's nothing wrong with them.

Hope this helps.

They are more likely to grow after having children.

Hormones let the breast grow. Food and the hop in beer for example. 

• audrey

Don't be ridiculous. C cup is the perfect size. You should be happy.

The density of breast tissue commonly changes as we age.

It is unrealistic to expect 40 year old breasts to be identical to the same breasts at age 20  and the process does not happen overnight.