Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Will religion ever disappear?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If education continues to improve along with free access to facts and science, today's religions will fade away into mythology and this time not get replaced with a new set of myths.

It's going to take a while, though.  The cycle of childhood indoctrination is very powerful.

• Chi girl
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Considering how poorly educated Americans are these days, that's a really amusing claim.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

With so many religions present, it's natural to wonder if they will ever disappear, but here is what the Bible says:

Daniel 2:44- In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever.

1st Corinthians 8:5,6- For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords, there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him. 

Psalm 83:18- That people may know that you whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

So with these scriptures, it really makes a firm factual statement that there is 1 Religion, 1 God and 1 Kingdom that will destroy all false religions, and it will last forever. 

• 1 month ago

No:  On this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Doug
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Religion involves man trying to reach God or a better afterlife by doing good works. Religion cannot save you; only Jesus saves.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If someone is unable to understand the meaning of religion... or say the specific subject... Does it mean... it should not be existed...??

!! The absolute truth... "Always Exist" ...in the various forms and.. in the form of various religions !!

• 1 month ago

All false religions created by the human hands will surely be eradicated , the only religion remain, till the end of time is the only religion of GOD send down for all mankinds  from the beginning till the end of the world.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To answer this one must consider what is the function of religion in a society. There are religions which do not have a deity and so a belief in a God, god, gods or the female counter part is not part of having a religion.

In its broadest sense it is a common belief of a culture for how things came about, why they exist, the ultimate destiny of that society and a code of moral conduct.

Even a amoral society has a code of conduct.

The sciences are an attempt to explain how reality came about, why we exist and our destiny.

With out those binders a society can not exist at an advanced level.

The real issue is can science with its amoral morality displace a society with morals.

I maintain it can, but that society is doomed to fall in short order.

Sociology studies clearly show that society needs to have it morays and common beliefs. Religion fills that void even if the religion is no religion at all, something still must fill that void and in doing so becomes the religion of that society.

• Chi girl
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

A "religion" without a deity is a philosophy.

• Jea
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If it doesn't, we will.

• No dear, faith in God is here to stay.  Because God is real, dear.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nearly 8K years and counting, so dont hold your breath...unless you're anxious for proof of God.

Isaiah 45:23 KJV — For I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.