If dinosaurs were alive today would they be trained and used in movies like Jurassic park and Jurassic World?

Would Jurassic park movies even exist?

Would it be dangerous?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably ...

One of the things that always fascinates me is seeing those wildlife documentaries where camera operators or naturalists get close to animals without suddenly being attacked. Most animals don't see us as food unless they are desperate - if anything, most see us as a threat. I think the partial reason for that is that we are biologically predators. We have eyes right at the front of our heads for stereoscopic vision.

So the point is, I think most animals have an intinsic sense that we're predators. Would we have domesticated animals as easily if we were herbivores? Dunno ... but it's an interesting question.

I think if we got dinosaurs early, just as they hatched so they imprinted on us like birds do, we could probably train dinosaurs. Even big predators that could kill us easily, like big cats, can go all soft and sweet around people they grew up with so I can't imagine a big t-rex would be any different if we reared them from a very young age.

What we don't know is how effective it would be. It's taken us tens of thousands of years with dogs, and a few thousand with cats (and they still aren't exactly fully domesticated!) so I suspect dinosaurs wouldn't be doing many tricks.

And with all big animals, it could be dangerous. Cows cause a surprising number of injuries and deaths on farms simply because they are heavy animals moving about near people.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Nope.  If dinosaurs existed today, our species would have been wiped out before we climbed out of the tree.

• JJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, because PETA would protest and make us leave them alone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.