Why are the traditionally red suits (hearts & diamonds) in playing cards used in casinos colored brown rather than bright red?

I usually noticed this on used casino playing cards, but I haven't found anything online to answer my question. 

I have also played in multiple casinos and red has always been red while I was playing.

I do have have a couple of theories associated with security that could explain what you have noticed.

(1) Most casinos use different card decks at some different locations. For example cards used for training purposes may be different than cards used for actual wagers, and cards used in poker rooms are frequently different than cards used for blackjack. This makes it difficult for a dishonest player to substitute a card taken from one location to be used at a different location. It is possible that the brown color is used for training tables and it would stick out like a sore thumb if played on a table where money is actually being wagered.

(2) It would be entirely possible for an ink to be used that slowly changes color after being exposed to air. This would make cards from used decks purchased at a gift shop more difficult to substitute.

They are red in every casino I've ever seen.