Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Whoa! Are your answers being "shadow banned" here too?

I found that if I edit an answer to improve it, the answer gets shadow banned (no longer visible to others, only visible to me), but when I undo the edit, the shadow ban is lifted and my answer is publicly visible again. What's that about?

• .

There is no shadow banning here, but a longstanding issue with the spam filter does seem to affect some users in reverse. Nearly every time I edit an answer (even to fix a simple typo) my response disappears, and it takes extensive editing to get it to show up again (sometimes, it never does). It's a problem with the programming of the site and not in any way a deliberate method to cause certain users' posts not to show up. 

• Lee

That happens to my questions, not answers. Sometimes, they just don't show until I move them to another category and back. It's a glitch that's been here for years. 

• Yes, I get shadowbanned now and then.  Sometimes I can fix it and other times I give up.  It is just not worth the time.  Points are not that important to me as they are to another person here.  I

Only temporarily. Usually

my answers come back when the display is refreshed. Several times I thought I had been blocked, but my answers did post. These kinds of technical hiccups are very normal with new formats. 

i havent noticed any of that yet