Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

I was reported for harassment... never even got a warning. Why!?

I contacted my ex’s work phone and was then reported to the police by my ex boyfriends employer for harassment. 

I have a criminal history, I got charged for harassment when I was just 13 too for sending apologetic letters... which was ludicrous! Considering I had a history of it, I would’ve thought they’d come down hard on me.

One day I woke up and no words about the police were uttered ever again. All talk of the situation was dropped immediately and when I asked questions about the outcome they were very evasive. I never even got a warning?  A stop had been put to it, they were discussing what would be best to do but who has the power at the end of the day to say “no, I don’t want matters to go further. I don’t want her in trouble with the police”? My ex? 

Did my ex put a stop to it all? Who would’ve wanted the police to get involved in the first place, my ex or his employer?

(PS. It’s all petty stuff, we just had a lot of trouble last year and our contact was prohibited, that’s all)

When the same thing keeps happening again and again to the same person it's usually wise for that person to look in the mirror and honestly evaluate their own behavior.