Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Tteokbokki ?

I want to make tteokbokki from scratch but don’t know which rice flour to use. I have sweet rice flour, glutinous rice flour, and regular rice flour. The recipe says short grain rice flour. Which one should I use?

• kswck2

I would start with regular rice flour and add the sticky rice flour, a bit at a time, till you get the mixture you are looking for. You wouldn't have access to Sushi rice flour would you? 

My first inclination was to say to use the "regular rice flour" but the more I looked at the rice cakes you are making it almost looks like it needs a "stickier" rice. 

I will preface this by saying I usually will search out an ingredient if I have never made something before but If I had all those types of rice flour I think I would use a 50/50 mix of Sticky rice flour and regular rice flour. 

But there is a very good chance that the one labeled as "regular" might very well be short grain.  Look at the ingredients and see if it specifies a type of rice.  If it does look it up and see if it is a short or long grain rice.