Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Tteokbokki ?

I want to make tteokbokki from scratch but don’t know which rice flour to use. I have sweet rice flour, glutinous rice flour, and regular rice flour. The recipe says short grain rice flour. Which one should I use?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would start with regular rice flour and add the sticky rice flour, a bit at a time, till you get the mixture you are looking for. You wouldn't have access to Sushi rice flour would you? 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

My first inclination was to say to use the "regular rice flour" but the more I looked at the rice cakes you are making it almost looks like it needs a "stickier" rice. 

I will preface this by saying I usually will search out an ingredient if I have never made something before but If I had all those types of rice flour I think I would use a 50/50 mix of Sticky rice flour and regular rice flour. 

But there is a very good chance that the one labeled as "regular" might very well be short grain.  Look at the ingredients and see if it specifies a type of rice.  If it does look it up and see if it is a short or long grain rice. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.