Yes, or no:  Are you a trinity?

No. 

God the father, Christ, and the Holy Spirit work as one; the same as an owner, manager and employee work as one in a business. The Holy Spirit is like ever-present energy from God. The Holy Ghost is incapable of disobeying the Father; Christ the Son can disobey His Father, but he doesn't.

If my father, brother and myself wanted to work together on a task, we could be considered one team of three but not one person.

There is no "trinity".

• Paul

The reality of the Trinity has always been a central belief/teaching of Christianity, due to the fact that Jesus referred to it and described it so many times. For example:

Matthew 28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

Matthew 3:16-17

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

2 Corinthians 13:14 - The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

John 14:26 - But the Comforter, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

1 John 5:7-8 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

John 14:16-17 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT) 

1 Peter 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT)

No. 

John 3:16 says God gave his son 

• Otto

No !

I, may wife, and my son are 3 different persons.

God is also not a Trinity.

Study the Bible and find the truth.

Trinity is not a Bible teaching.

No.  NO way.  Not even close.  Neither is God.

Yes humans are made in God's image and He is a Trinity of Spirit, Soul and Body and so are we humans also spirit, soul & body. The only difference is, that God can actually separate His three parts into God who is Spirit (John 4:24), Son, who is the body - God in flesh (John 1:14) and Spirit who is Soul - and is Holy - and is the Spirit of both God and Christ. We know this because God sent back His Holy Spirit (John 14:26) and in addition, Jesus sent back His Holy Spirit (John 16:7) because even though there are these three who witness from heaven, the Father, the Word & the Holy Spirit, these THREE ARE ONE. (1 John 5:7) it is explained this way - Jesus is IN THE FATHER, and the Father is IN JESUS CHRIST (John 17:21 & 23) and that's why Jesus & His Father are One (John 10:30), and they are IN EACH OTHER IN THE FORM OF HOLY SPIRIT who is the third member of the Godhead or Trinity.  In addition, in Christ dwells ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY (Colossians 2:9) which means that in Christ's body dwells, Spirit, Soul & Body, in the form of Father, Son & Holy Spirit all in one body (Colossians 2:9)

• keyjona

John was over 100 years old, blind, senile, and under the scrutiny of the Romans, when his disciple wrote John's Gospel. "John" was written around 101A.D.;about 30 years after the other Gospels. John's jealousy and envy of Peter was detrimental.

Paul never had a clue.

Yep... me, myself and I.

• keyjona

cleaver.

Me, myself and I!

And we treasure our own company

We are one for all, and all for one!

• keyjona

congrats!

More like a double act. In spirit. But.. them darn Atlantic Oceans.

Am I three people?  How would I do that?  No.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • yesmar

Yes, I am a mind, body and spirit.