Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Is a dine and dash an extremely easy crime to get away with?

Of all the times I've been to a restaurant and passed by the host podium on the way out, never once have they stopped me and demanded to see my receipt, proving that I have paid.

That would be completely impractical, as people regularly step out of restaurants before there bill or even their food comes, such as to have a cigarette.

When the server comes to the table and leaves the folder with the bill at the end of the meal, it seems like it would be very easy to just get up and leave, before she returns for the payment.

How do restaurants combat that?

Even if they have me on surveillance footage, they still don't have a name and address to go with the face.

You could probably get away with that.  I own a restaurant.  I'm not your conscience.

There, their, they're.  Get that straight before you explain the circumstances to the Police.

I am a restaurant owner. If you a white and dress well, you can probably get away with it.  If you are black unruly teenagers, I make you pay first.  Sorry, but I am not a racist.

• STEVEN F

You are not even a regular restaurant CUSTOMER. You ARE a racist and will NEVER own a lemonade stand, much less a restaurant.