Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 months ago

I can’t keep pretending I’m okay.?

So I’ve been miserable and sad for like a long time, but I’ve hid it because I don’t want my friends to worry about me, so I smile in school. I’ve started to self harm again and I can’t tell my friends otherwise they will worry about me. I can’t burden them with my problems especially since they have their own to deal with. They often tell me their problems so I try to help them, but they rarely ask about me. So i don’t know what to do.

• LAN

How about you begin by not constantly posting the same pity me idiocy here over and over and actually get help instead of constantly wallowing in self pity?

Being able to trust someone enough to tell them you're in pain is an act of love and friendship. Being able to trust a parent (or another adult) enough that you can tell them how much you are hurting is also an act of love. If you don't give someone who cares for you the opportunity to help you, you are not helping anyone. 

Tell your parents how you feel, they won't be angry they will be so glad you did instead of hiding it from them, they will also be concerned and get you the help you may need.

also talking to them about your problems will make you feel better, you may find you can cope with your problems better when you talk about them

Just remember your parents love you and will want to help you..