What’s the point of staying here if I’m gay?

Im a gay male high school junior. And Im trying to accept myself but I still am angry at how hard my life will be and I’m just like screw it all and I wish I could just not be here. I realized this 6 months ago and it’s been horrible and I hate living in fear, and discrimination, and I wish I was normal and I want a normal life. I hate being different. My family accepts me but I still hate myself so much. I feel like i’m just staying here for everyone else but not me. I would be ready to leave but my family would never forgive me so I have to stay. 

Can I please get a good answer.... 

Ok first life is hard for everyone no matter if your gay straight bi or whatever you are. Thats a fact yes people will be mean and you will be hurt not going to sugar coat it. But thats part of life. I came out at 13. It was hard i got bullied picked on called every name under the sun i wanted to be normal aswell but after a while you laugh it off been gay shuts a few doors but opens up a few more 2. Theres going to be people that dont judge you and will.be your friends and those how dont accept you thats always there lose not yours. Second your family accept you thats big deal mines took months if not over a year for them to accept me so thats luck right there. And third if you feel like you dont want to be here get help and slowly you will end up been happy am sure of it.

• Sky

If there's any truth to your anonymously posted story, you need to get into therapy to get some help overcoming your depression and learning to love and accept yourself as you are.

You need to talk to a therapist.  You could have a very good and fulfilling life.  You just need help finding your path right now.

Call the Trevor Project Help Line right now at 866-488-7386. Counselors are available 24/7. Do it now.

You are normal.

• Tj

Finish school, then go to college. In a gay friendly school. Look it up on google. Life will change for the better.

• Nivlac

I know exactly how you're feeling, most if not all queer people have felt the way you're feeling, but it's important to remember that you have your family, and an entire community. Things sucks, but we have to hope and fight for a better future. Loving yourself take time and effort, it's f*cking hard, but you work at it and eventually you stop hating yourself. You life has value, you are important.

There truly is no exact point n nyhng 

us common folk will do but we do it nywy

hoping for a better tmrw ya know my

Dawg Cugh!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

You think being gay is hard- try being gay and a dropout.   Minimum wage jobs aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Please read the Gospel of John.  I found hope and answers to life's problems in the Bible; especially the New Testament.    God loves you.  Pray.  I will pray for you too.  EDIT:  Same sex attraction is not sin.  Practicing and promoting the gay lifestyle is sin.  We all sin in some way - lying, stealing, etc.  Pray for God's will and direction in your life.  Try to follow Him as best you can.    I asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior many years ago and He has helped me with all sorts of problems and blessed me a lot.  I am not gay but I still sin.    It's tempting to try and justify our sins but it only causes misery.  We just have to agree with God and ask His  forgiveness when we sin.  Biblical repentance literally means to  "change your mind" about sin. You can still have a fulfilling life if you choose to serve God and others.   He can give you peace and joy in spite of all the problems in the world.    Please don't consider suicide.  That would be a waste.