Is this a grammatically correct sentence?

It is on a powerpoint slide as a sentence. One of my colleagues is telling me its not grammatically correct (we are not native English speakers). Now I am starting to have doubts about it.

The sentence is :

Customer needs need to be categorized.

As in, customer needs have to be categorized, so that we can have a better outlook on how can we better satisfy our customers.

Is it correct? If no, why it is not and how should it be corrected? If its correct then why its not needed to be categorized and jut 'need'? 

Because I mean it in the sense that they (are) need to be categorized, I just omitted the are . Not in the sense that customer needs needED becasue this is an ongoing project.

• RP

You've got more than one sentence and several issues. Rather than go into excessive detail, consider this: By cateogorizing customer needs, we can understand them better and determine how best to satisfy them.

In English it counts as an error to use two words from the same root so closely together. It's something you should always avoid, except as a rhetorical device (Polyptoton).

It's grammatically correct, but it's awkward because you have "needs" immediately followed by "need."

An easier way to say this would be "We must categorize our customers' needs."

• Wilson1 month agoReport

thanks pal