Perspective on shooting in Minnesota?

Here's my perspective about this, and I was wondering what ur thoughts were about it

Firstly, i do believe that what happened in Minnesota was unacceptable and outrageous and absolutely should never have happened. It's terrible beyond words and each person involved needs to be held accountable and there's no excuse at all.

I don't think in the end this will ever end though. Cops will feel like they enter dangerous situations daily - robberies, murders, etc. and when they help make a situation better, they're rarely ever recognized for it by the community. I also think that most feel that they're disliked with so much intensity, mostly by people of colour, that it's pointless to try to improve at all when one viral incident sets everyone back to square one and all the effort was for nothing.

I don't think I'm wrong in saying, the african american community feels like they're automatically judged by the cops. Therefore, what is the point in shouting in officers' faces for hours out of a day that weren't even involved? Of course at some point they will react and boil over, and things could get worse. I wish I could see it otherwise, but I see that as judging and taking all police officers and putting them all into one category.

I wish the police could be more involved in the black community in the different cities they represent to understand the true fears many have. I also think people in general underestimate how tough being a good officer when most ppl don't like you. 

• ricky

Thanks for posting. I’m a conservative and I agree with you. Those that disagree, are guilty of prejudice. Assuming ALL police are bad, ALL Conservatives are racist, is no different form All Black people are this way or that. I judge people by their character as individuals. I know plenty of Black people more worthy than I. 

No justice, no peace

Every problem begins in the home. Until families stay together, none of this will end. The government is not a substitute for Mother & Father.