Kaden asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 4 months ago

My neighbors are drunk and someone else came in a car and had to turn around. They drove halfway into my ditch to turn around. what do i do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

You GOT to explain "where is" YOUR ditch.

If ye be talking about the ditch that runs alongside the road in front of your house...that is the cities ditch...or dept of highways ditch.  It is a rain catchment for when it rains really hard the roadwater catches the run off. In no way do you own it. Someday they may put a sidewalk there.As it is all roadway.

. So, what do you do? You go out and laugh or help him push it out.  Or ask if he needs a tow truck.  You will call one up.  You are close to a phone and you know YOUR location so that is what happens.  You have no contact with neighbor as all this information can be talked loudly to the other and he will hear.  He may have another vehicle that can pull that vehicle out himself so does not need a tow truck.

.  You can go back to Y.A. to read all the answers for a commonly happening event.  The driver did not know the turning radius of their vehicle and guessed wrong.

.   DRUNK?  You are making an ASSumption.  Not a known FACT.  Many people try this manoever and if they have a "boat of a car" generally find out it does not turn on a dime.  You can bet they are saying to themselves "AW SCHIT!"  So already their day is ruined.

Sometimes they get it out in 15 minutes, sometimes during that day. Sometimes they got to call for a buddy so it may take a day or 2.  They ain't leaving it forever. They want their car.  Usually the tow truck is the LAST ROUTE because it costs the most.  Maybe 2 guys pushing and one behind the wheel on the gas pedal is all that is needed.

One thing is for certain...it won't happen again by this driver.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Call the cops. Drunk in public is against the law.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Why do you want to do anything?  I don't imagine they  damaged your ditch.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Point and laugh while you upload the video.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

you  drive  halfway  in  their  ditch?  but,  just  keep  in  mind,  not  one  inch  additional.

• 4 months ago

Did they do any damage? If not forget it. If they did minor damage also forget it. 

• 4 months ago

Be quite.   Hide in your house and hope they don't have a gun.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.