larry1
Lv 6
larry1 asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 month ago

The CNN reporters getting arrested is wrong, isn't it?

All video shows them just doing their job reporting, with press badges/markings, on a riot/ demonstration in MN. The reporters were at all times professional, respectful (the video is online). 

This is the USA...journalists as non combattents ...and the publics right to know,  is sacrosanct. It is our 1st Amendment our right to speak and to know.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The reporter asked the police to say where they wanted them to film if they weren't happy with where they were. There was no response and then the reporter was arrested with the police not responding when he asked why.

Yes it was wrong. And disturbing.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

not at all...you just have to learn to read in between the lines.  They said the officers asked them to move several times...but then they also say we were already moving when they arrested us...so i imagine it was like stay back, stay back...I said stay back...what is wrong with you I told you to stay back...stay backl...thats it...im arresting you...okay okay we are moving no need to arrest us...i mean cause the news stations know how to push the boundaries...much like a child...read between

• Sigmond
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

The reporter was arrested immediately after asking the police where they wanted them to move to if they weren't happy with where they were filming. The reporter was stationery and the police said nothing.

• 1 month ago

Police are now only a thuggish occupying army of oppression and fascist authority.

The images on the news of police wearing helmets and masks, toting assault rifles, and riding in mine-resistant armored vehicles are not isolated incidents—they represent a nationwide trend of police militarization. Federal programs providing surplus military equipment, along with departments’ own purchases, have outfitted officers with firepower that is often far beyond what is necessary for their jobs as protectors of their communities. Sending a heavily armed team of officers to perform “normal” police work can dangerously escalate situations that need never have involved violence. Yet the ACLU’s recent report on police militarization, “War Comes Home,” found that SWAT teams, which were originally devised as special responders for emergency situations, are deployed for drug searches more than they are for all other purposes combined. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.