Is it possible to find the person who previously leased the vehicle I now own?

In Q3 of 2017, I bought a car out of state and I would like to send a letter of appreciation to the person who originally leased/used the vehicle firsthand. I own the vehicle and have the title in my possession. The vehicle was previous leased at a Nissan Infinity in Sacramento, and that's all that's listed as the previous "owner" on the title. I understand my request may be openly vague, or there may be privacy concerns with the data, however, I remain curious if the original leasee could be found and politely contacted.

It's a 2015 Nissan Leaf (S), Morning Sky Blue. =)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No, since there's no legitimate reason for your request.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

"I understand my request may be openly vague, or there may be privacy concerns with the data,".  You are right.  Leave the person alone. 

• Scott
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No, it's none of your business who leased the car before you bought it. I understand your desire to express appreciation, but this borders on "stalking" and is a little weird. Lots of people don't appreciate unsolicited contact,

• Ron
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Nope                               

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Probably not. You can ask that service department if they have anything and would share it or at lease ask them to call you.

Otherwise, its illegal for the DMV or Cops to give it out.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.