Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

What is the hottest temperature you have been in?

Outside, only about 110 F, in Wyoming.  So dry, it didn't really feel that bad.

Inside, I occasionally went into the strife chamber at work where we tested electronics, which was 60 to 80 C.  That was only when there was something that needed to be done inside that couldn't be done remotely, and at that temperature, I couldn't stay long.  I actually put on a jacket to insulate me from the heat for those few minutes.

114°F in Orange County, California during summer (where I live). However, it usually never exceeds 100°F.

Two extreme heat stories.  I worked construction in Phx, Az.. One day out on the slab somebody had set up a thermometer on a stake with thermometer one foot off the ground & on the shady side.. It reached 160 on a 115 degree day.  After living in hot country for years I wound up in Seattle area.. We had a very rare 105 degree day.  I played soccer with about a dozen others on that day.  Did OK w/ lessons learned from working in the heat.

About 120 in Red Bluff, California in the summer.  I passed out.  I was a kid, this was back in the late 1960s or early 1970s.

• xyzzy

115 in North Texas.

• Dick

In 2003, my home weather station recorded 131F in the early afternoon. I live in the SoCal desert.

118 degrees in Washington State back in July 1990

• GFH

It is 100 degrees for me.  

100 DEGREES....

North Africa in August; 108 degrees. A new record for that place and date, not surprisingly.