Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Do people go to protests only to loot? ?

Before I begin, yes I agree what that officer did in Minneapolis to that man was very disgraceful. I just do not see the need for those to take their aggression out on the town and even those innocents with chaos, destruction, gunfire and violence. PLEASE do not take this question offensively!! 

With protests in Minneapolis happening now, along with Ferguson years ago I have seen so many times (along with the destruction) the images and videos of stores being looted by both black people and white people. Self check out registers busted into and ATM's and merchandise robbed. 

A thought occurred to me, do some people just go to these things as an excuse or belief to gain free stuff and money? 

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

There are people that exploit events like this for their own personal gain. They have no real interest in the situation and they also could have another agenda and use the situation to conceal their activity in order to reach their goal. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes, you are right. Violence and vandalism cannot solve any problem or conflict. However, demonstration is a mean to raise up the issue. Unfortunately, rioters have hijacked the peaceful demonstration or police force has further provote on demonstrators to escalate the situation.

Nevertheless, the whole issue has been about the violation on the 8th Amendment by the police force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Amendment_to_...

• 1 month ago

Lot of this is simply opportunistic. There was alot of looting during the hurricane jere in Florida. The  big one, Irma.

It's hard to get any statistics on why people loot. Since no body will take a survey.

• 1 month ago

They are using this man's death as an excuse to behave like animals. They don't even know George Floyd personally and so they have no legitimate reason to loot and riot. This is between George Floyd's family and the ones who murdered him.

George Floyd's family and friends must hunt down and kill the officers involved in the killing, as is the moral imperative.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I think some do!Not all but some

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Target can come back. George Floyd cannot. That is the point. 

• ...Show all comments
    • griggle
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yes, it got attention. Everyone realized a pack of morons was running loose in Minneapolis. Way to go. 

• nappa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The bad one's do, an excuse to steal with out getting caught.they need to be arrested to show next time it's down those will also be arrested,

• 1 month ago

Not being American I’m not really in any position to say what’s right and wrong with American society but I can compare these riots to the U.K. Austerity ones, which were quite telling to how things progressed and got out of hand and how certain political groups, some violent, tried to take advantage over the situation.

Initially it was inspired by the tuition fee protests, mainly led by students, who peacefully entered public buildings such as banks and simply sat down and disrupted businesses. These strikes were lightning fast and reliant on modern communications and 24 hour media coverage  and were quite successful but peaceful.

Next you had unions and students forming mass anti Austerity protests, which would become a catalyst for the future momentum movement, these were mainly peaceful, then bang!  a spark involving police brutality and everything went up! You had black youths, anarchists,  EDL, and of course opportunists all caught up in a frenzy 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It would seem so.

The moral go ground is lost when they grab TVs from Target.

In some communities an opportunity to go looting is never missed.

Both sides of the Atlantic.....same faux ‘outrage’ means free stuff and arson.

• griggle
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Bingo. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, looters go to protests to take advantage of the chaos.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.