Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Why was David Cassidy of Partridge Family fame unable to overcome the samw Alchoholism that had plagued and Destroyed his father?

I don't know- was he following a good program for addiction?

Was he in denial- thinking "Oh I can have a drink or 2 now   no problem"

From what I saw on his doctor phil appearance he was in denial and lying

Because like many child stars  that achieve wild success too young........he couldn't handle fading into obscurity  after the show was over. 

Blaming his father for the booze he poured down his own throat is a lame excuse.   After his teen idol days were over........he was only marginally talented, and lived basically off his Partridge Family fame.........which ultimately carried him only just so far. 

Many child stars eventually find that  real life sucks, and end up living on poverty if not downright squalor. .....still thinking to the end, that they can turn it around somehow. 

Is that why there was no dad in the Partridge family? I just figured Shirley was a swinger since all the kids appear to have different fathers and all.