Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 month ago

Does it sound like my boyfriend is lying about where he's going?

We live together, I'm 31 and he's 29. We've been dating for a year. He gets a lot of days off due to COVID19, he only works 3 days a week.

His parents live 15 min away in a townhouse with a small patch of land, I'd say the amount of land outside of their townhouse is about the same sq footage as a decent sized living room, it's not big at all.

On Sunday (5 days ago) he said he needed to go over to his parents house to mow their lawn for them because they're in their 70s and its something he does for them. Now today (Friday) he went there to mow the lawn again, they asked him 2 days ago, so only 3 days after he mowed it Sunday. He was gone for 2 hours and the place is 30 min away round trip.

I've never mowed a lawn and dont know how fast grass grows but does this seem like a likely story? He just got back home 2 hours later and I asked him why he had to mow it twice in 1 week and he said "the grass actually was super long and did grow back fast"

Anyone who owns a home with a backyard and mows their lawn know about whether this sound true or false?

I am a homeowner. My sons no longer live here to mow my lawn, so I mow my lawn myself. I bought a rotary blade push mower...no gas, no oil and no pull string...yes, no motor. My children laughed at me and call it a "chick mower" lol

My lawn is probably the size of three large livingrooms. It takes me all of 15 minutes to push that mower to cut the lawn in 10 passes. I have never ever had my grass grow so fast that it needs to be cut twice within days apart. Never.

Perhaps he is visiting his parents and that is taking up to one and a half hours. Because there is no way on earth a lawn three times smaller than mine could be time consuming to mow.

Maybe it is time to be proactimely find out if he is being honest in regard to his where abouts.  Next time he goes to mow, wait an hour and call his parents and ask them if John stopped by yet, and if he does, ask him to please pick up some tomatoes or something at the store on his way home. (He may not hear a text notification through the sound of the lawn mower).

The bigger problem here is that there is an issue with trust. Not surprising since you two began living together prematurely in your relationship. 

he got a ticket for you ti ride,,till he finds someone else,,tell him,ask him  

doya wanna get hitched?,,get a real job? if not he is still stuck to the folks apron strings

dare to ask

• patty

next time he is due over there then ring the parents and find out

You either trust him or you don't - and if you are doubting him then clearly it is the latter. There is nothing to stop him chatting to his parents through the window, so two hours doesn't sound unreasonable. If he was gone for two days I might worry.

Wow must be that new SUPER GRASS that grows over night Look he may be up to something But not in a bad way Us a birthday coming up or event ? Maybe he is up to no good BUT BEFORE YOU REACT stop and think and investigate It may be something that's a surprise and or similar thing You can't assume he is doing wrong so was in a similar situation I was trying to plan a surprise B day party for my girl She was so embarrassed she practically hid for a week . She felt ridiculous when she pried for a answer she was not expecting THAT I WASN'T LYING TO HER . Yep she was about a inch tall that day So do some investigation before you accuse he may very well be dicking around BUT HE MAY BE DOING LEGIT STUFF TOO AND NOT  SWINGING HIS d!ck around , and is NIT up to no good What it may look like may not be what it is SO BE SURE I'm not saying he is or isn't You need to investigate that further before you accuse him of swinging D! #k syndrome it can go both ways good or bad Be confident before you Jan him up on anything It may be a innocent thing 

That's really FAST growing grass!! Most people with lawns mow once a week--or longer. And since they live in a townhouse, with such a small lawn, it would not take 15 minutes to do it TWICE if you had to--(if the grass was really long.)  No--grass isn't growing that fast, dear. And two hours?   Nah.  He's up to something else. 

Sometimes super long grass needs two attacks, the first to reduce it to a manageable length and the next to mow it "normally". That's just happened with a neighbor's grass, which was ridiculously long and unkempt and I offered to cut it. The first round was to get it down to a reasonable length, then I raked off the cuttings and left it for a few days so it stood up again. Then I mowed it again to get it down to where it should be.  Looks fine now.

So it's certainly possible.  Whether or not you trust your boyfriend is another matter.  It's quite possible he did the job and settled down for a cup of tea and a catch-up.

Nope mopr  kept 

That makes sense. I just mowed my lawn today and the last time I mowed it was Sunday. I saw two days ago that it was starting to get long and that I'd either have to mow it yesterday or today.

So what's your deal? Why are you getting all psycho about your husband spending a couple hours at his parents'? Maybe the lawnmower didn't start and he had to fart around with it for a while. Maybe he had to go get gas for the lawn mower. Maybe his folks asked him to help with something else while he was there. Maybe he just went inside and had a lemonade and shot this sh-t for a while-- they are his folks, after all. And why wouldn't he? Most people prefer to be where they're liked. You wouldn't exactly catch me racing back home to Little Miss Psycho B-tch Control Freak With a Stopwatch.

So, yes, it can grow back fast enough in 5 days to warrant mowing again.  Based on the size you mentioned it shouldn't take more than 20 min - unless he's trimming the edges too (w/ weed eater), plus you have to clean up and put-away.  

I'd guess that he might have talked with his parents too for a spell, plus the hour round trip commute.  Two hours seems totally reasonable.

Does he smell like grass or perfume?